[XMR] Monero - Private, Secure, Untreaceable

hispanomc
Gold member
Gold member

[XMR] Monero - Private, Secure, Untreaceable

Postby hispanomc » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:18 pm

Hey guys,

I'm hispano, a great MTV supporter and a cryptofan.

Today i want to talk with you about Monero, the crypto in fashion lately. You might recognize it by its ticker symbol XMR.

I assume you all know bitcoin and its advantages/improvements. Monero is just a "simple" altcoin that wants to provide real privacy to its users.

Is not an ETH/ETC, it is much simpler and with real use cases NOW. Monero wants to be the real cash of internet, leaving almost no trace of the transaction (as cash money does).

As you'll probably know it has recently pumped. Basically it made x5 in 2 weeks with an increadible surge of trading volume. 150 million USD traded in last 7 days. The highest day 61M USD were traded in 24h the 29th of August across all exchanges.

All this happened for one reason: Biggest Dark Net Markets (DNM) are now accepting (since 1st september) deposits and cashouts with Monero. These DNM are AlphaBay an Oasis, and the whole of DNM is estimated to trade 300M to 3000M USD yearly, having tripled in last 2 years. I know, really low accuaracy, but that's the data i've found.

Bitcoin has shown that financial privacy is somehow in danger with its public blockchain that logs every transaction. Recently new companies are offering services to track certain bitcoin all across the network and follow the money. Something terrible imho. Privacy is important, and financial privacy is even more. And i'm sure privacy is valuable for everyone, not necessarily "bad people".

What is your opinion on all these? Are you bitcoin maximalists? Do you think it is all Pump And Dump manipulation? Show your opinions please, and if possible, share your experiences.

I personally bought 250 XMR under $0.9 avg price since april to june, and sold 100 of them at 7.7$ in average. Also made a couple of longs and made a few btc with this run, so basically i've built a nice crypto portfolio thanks to XMR. I'm a heavy supporter of the technology/values monero provides and i'm holding these 150XMR for the long long term. I personally expect a 150 to 500M market cap really really soon (6 months) and even more in the next years as DNM adoption increases. Unless bitcoin changes radically (that won't, as they are not interested at all in DNM) Monero will 100% replace bitcoin in the DNM in the long run.
Limits are only real in weak minds
grmclix
Gold member
Gold member

Re: [XMR] Monero - Private, Secure, Untreaceable

Postby grmclix » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:34 pm

XMR has a future that for sure. I agree.

But don't follow it blindly. Portfolio Diversification is always safe and profitable.

Buy n Hold Ripple, MaidSafe, Steem, Stratis with XMR for next 12-18 months.
hispanomc
Gold member
Gold member

Postby hispanomc » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:11 pm

I personally hold ETC (avg buy in under 0.001), XMR (avg buy in 0.0018) and FCT (avg buy in 0.0024) for the long run. Also some bits of SC (82 sat entry point) and NXT (3300 sat entry point, to get some Ardor and see how does that work).
I also hold a few BTC (no idea of avg buy in lol, mainly because a lot of it comes from margin trading profits), but i my faith/trust in it is now much lower than months ago.
hispanomc
Gold member
Gold member

Postby hispanomc » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:48 am

And here it is the third monero wave. Let's see where it takes us.
Currently AlphaBay, the market that leaded the pump of monero, is now having serious problems. Source: https://alphabaymarket.com/category/alphabay/
I personaly closed my longs with 3 btc profit and keep holding my 150 XMR for the long term.
Btw, the binaries for the GUI wallet are ready, no more command line simple wallet
http://monero.org/downloads/
siddartha149

Postby siddartha149 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Nice info. Might buy these XMR later. It's good to know about latest technological opportunities like these.
hispanomc
Gold member
Gold member

Postby hispanomc » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:11 pm

And as i predicted, here it is the 150M to 500M market cap reached today. Reaching a peak over 190M usd, just over $15 per coin.
This certainly has to retrace and estabilize, but i still expect to reach 0.03 short term (next 12h). When it happens or if it does not happen, i expect a downtrend. But no fear here, i've trained myself to hold strong :lol:
As i promised myself, no more margin trading once reached my target of 150M market cap.
Hodling 150XMR till 3B market cap (235 usd per coin) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tupko

Postby tupko » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:13 am

Hi guys!

Is anyone here mining XMR?
hispanomc
Gold member
Gold member

Postby hispanomc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:48 am

I tried it in the past, but is more profitable to mine other coins due to botnets, so what i'd recomend you is to mine etc/eth that is pretty easy and much more profitable and then convert your earnings to XMR. You'll accumulate more XMR this way.
tupko

Postby tupko » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:21 pm

I gotta disagree with you on that one, although, yeah, I've been mining ETH before this XMR hype happened, it's true XMR has been unprofitable to mine for a long time but, it's been 3-4 days since XMR has become on par(if not even above) with ETH/ETC in the terms of efficient gpu mining, there's been huge currency pump on all major exchanges.

as of now 2 x 390x -> 4-5$ per day = 120-150$ per month
not a huge earning, but it is something...

I guess with an increasing popularity difficulty will rise and earnings drop...
hispanomc
Gold member
Gold member

Postby hispanomc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Mmmm lol can we talk via skype? my calculations say ethereum classic is still more profitable but if i'm wrong i want to understand where i'm making a mistake. Or maybe you can give me some tips :P
Would you mind to chat in skype?

Return to “Business & finance”